The health section of my blog has definitely been neglected – but with good reason! I didn’t want to put out posts and information if I wasn’t following it myself. That wouldn’t be fair to the readers of my blog or to me.
Over the past few weeks, I definitely have made some changes to my diet. I was never the person that ate tons of sweets and/or salts nor was I the person that ate things that are terribly bad for you. However, I was that person that ate too much bread and didn’t eat enough vegetables and fruits. So, I started incorporating these things into my diet via smoothies and researching health recipes. I also incorporated more fish into my meals and lessened my meat intake (which I hope to completely eliminate from my diet). I even swapped out rice for grains such as cous cous and quinoa.
I was also previously aware of Dr.Sebi’s nutritional guide and therefore took that into consideration as I am (still) making the transition to eating healthier. It is definitely a process that I do not intend to rush. I want to make sure that I do everything proficiently and would prefer to continue the learning process and take it one step at a time.
*If you don’t know who Dr. Sebi is that is surely a post for another time, but let’s just say in the health and all things natural world he is a king!*
With that being said, it is a beautiful thing when you decide to make the transition to live a healthier lifestyle from the inside out. But it isn’t so good when you don’t detox or cleanse your body beforehand. With every bad thing that we have ever put into our body, we risk the exposure to harmful bacteria and parasites. These parasites live off of our intestinal walls and feed on everything harmful that we put into our bodies. So, sometimes starting that transition doesn’t really help our body because those parasites are still lurking.
When I found this out ….. I was literally disgusted. I had always watched those shows on TLC about people that traveled to foreign countries and came back with deadly parasites (most times caused by mosquito bites). Unfortunately, I would judge those people and think that they were “dirty”. I was ignorant to the fact that, that is not the only way that you can contract parasites and we all pretty much have them. Parasites can also be contracted through raw or uncooked food (such as SUSHI!, beef and even chicken), water, sexual contact, poor hygiene and also through the nose and skin. That’s crazy, right?!?!?!
Just know if it you think you may not have parasites .. you probably do.
Here are some of the most common symptoms (to determine if you have parasites) I found:
- Excessive gas or bloating
- Constant fatigue or weakness
- Stomach pain and tenderness
- Itching around the rectal area
- Constant Illness
- Sores on your mouth or lip / White spots inside of your mouth
- Toe fungus
- Reoccurring bladder infections
- Reoccurring yeast infections (for females)
- Excessive craving of sweet and/or starchy foods
- Psoriasis or eczema
- Muscle pains
- Menstrual irregularities (for females)
- Constipation or diarrhea
- Constant Headaches
If you have any of these symptoms there is nothing to be ashamed of. I found myself looking over the symptoms like
“MUST. NOT. EAT. DONUTS!”
“Maybe that’s why I’m anemic!”
“Please, I don’t want headaches no more!”
“Being bloated in not cute!”
“Damn! I AM ALWAYS sick!!”
To add on, I do have eczema, my menstrual pains make me want to punch everyone, I can become restless and sometimes I can have a 9 hour sleep and still wake up and feel very tired and weak.
It’s time to make a change!
That is how I decided that I NEEDED to try some all natural (of course) parasites cleanses.
Below I am going to list a few cleanses that I think would be good for us all to try. Every cleanse that I do include I have researched to see the benefits and to see how people reacted to them. These are the most popular, frequent and highly favored ones that I found! I would encourage all to do your research as well!
- Papaya Seeds – Take a tablespoon of Papaya seeds and swallow them whole with a glass of water (If you are brave, you may chew them). It is best if you do this on an empty stomach and when you do not have to go outside. Within a few hours you are going to need to use the bathroom. In your stool you should see many little white ‘dots’. That is indeed the parasites! It is recommended that you do this for 5 consecutive days to really get that full effect.
- Garlic – Garlic is good for many things! Not only is it good for cleansing and detoxifying your body but it also combats the common cold (among many other things – I guess we can leave that for another post).
You can take 2 cloves of garlic with a glass of water and swallow them whole (or you may chew them). It is recommended to do this 3 times a day or right before every meal. It is also recommended that you do this everyday or as often as possible because Garlic has many healing properties.
- Coconut – It is said that coconut might be the most effective home cure to treat intestinal worms. It is recommended to take one tablespoon of freshly ground coconut at breakfast, followed by 30 to 60ml of castor oil mixed in a glass of lukewarm milk three hours later. This is also something that is recommended for daily usage. Especially the consumption of castor oil (as that has many healing properties as well). However, being that milk is not an all natural substance .. when I do try this cleanse I will not be using milk.
- Coconut Oil – Sources say that you should ingest 3-4 tablespoons of coconut oil daily. You can do this as a cleanse on it’s own. Or you can combine it with the freshly ground coconut method listed just above.
- Carrot – Carrots are said to be able to destroy the eggs of intestinal worms and also keep the parasites from coming back. It is also said that they are vital in protecting the immune system which is important for fighting off these parasites. So, grate two carrots in the morning and enjoy that as your breakfast. Do this everyday for a week. Make sure that you are doing this on an empty stomach and try not to eat anything else during the morning.
- Cloves – Cloves have antiseptic, bactericidal and anti-parasitic properties that help destroy parasitic eggs and kill intestinal worms within the body. Plus, cloves can help prevent future episodes of infestation. Add one teaspoon of powdered clove to a cup of hot water. Cover the cup and allow that to sit for at least 15 minutes. Drink and try to enjoy. Do this 3 times a day for a week. If you have a Nutri Bullet you can make the powdered cloves yourself. Just a heads up! You can also take 2-3 cloves daily if you are not willing to make the drink.
- Turmeric – Now I’ll be honest. I haven’t seen much information discussing why Turmeric is good as a parasitic cleanse, but I do know that Turmeric is said to be a natural healer for many health problems. So I figured you really can’t go wrong here. For this cleanse you add one-half teaspoon of Turmeric powder and a pinch of salt to one-half cup of warm water and drink it daily for five days.
- Pumpkin seeds – So you a mix ground pumpkin seeds with water and drink that. This is said to specifically target tapeworms.
Now there are other cleanses, for example:
Dried oregano and especially essential oil of oregano are extremely anti-parasitic.
Use two to three drops of oregano oil in water with fresh squeezed lime and drink this three times a day.
Ginger, wormwood, black walnut are also commonly used in anti-parasitic strategies.
Cinnamon is also a natural remedy for parasites and fungus. Take ½ tsp of cinnamon powder in water up to three times a day.
Last pointers and tips:
-Parasitic cleanses (as well as any transition your body makes) takes a toll on your body. During this process, it is highly important that you support your body as much as possible with regular exercise, good diet, adequate sleep, and limiting exposure to toxins.
-While doing this cleanse try to avoid things like coffee, refined sugars, refined foods and alcohol.
-Try making yourself a detox bath. I have tried it and I will say that it is very refreshing and it removes toxins through the skin. There are many detox bath recipes, but my favorite might be, Lavender Epsom Salt, Apple Cider Vinegar, Ginger, Baking Powder, Peppermint Oil and Eucalyptus Oil. Please feel free to look some up on your own and add different mixtures to see what works for you.
-Drinking enough water will help flush die off toxins out faster, and adequate sleep will give the body enough time to regenerate.
Last but not least, I hope you all found this post to be insightful, interesting and encouraging. I have tried some of these cleanses but my goal to to accomplish them all. Please let me know what you think . ❤