The past few weeks have been very trying. In terms of being positive and continuing on my journey to happiness and self love, I have instead taken a pit stop at restlessness, sadness and self doubt. It isn’t fun. At. ALL.
I decided that I need to resume my journey for the sake of my happiness and my mental health. Pit stop – OVER. With that being said, I was skimming through some blogs and a post entitled “50 things that make me happy” leaped right into my lap. I automatically thought …. I have to do this!
So, I grabbed a nice big cup of ginger tea (one of my favorites), wrapped myself in my big fluffy comforter and started on my list. I hope you guys enjoy.
51 Things That Make Me Happy
- People who smell good
- People in love
- Romantic movies
- Walking to my destination
- Taking a shower .. especially after a longgggg day
- Pillows .. especially if they smell nice lol
- When I feel like people understand me
- Making people happy
- People who don’t give a damn about what others think
- Bob Marley ❤
- When my hair does what I want it to do
- When I look as cute in pictures as I look in person
- When I have accomplished a goal after procrastinating forever
- Learning new things
- Positive people
- Good food .. I mean seriously. I should’ve written this first
- Peeing after holding it for a really long time
- Time to myself
- Time with my loved ones
- The sound of rain
- Picnics .. In Parks
- Getting things in the mail
- Feeling emotionally stable
- Being productive
- Feeling wanted
- Eating healthy .. because I feel healthy
- Dipping my head under water
- When I am feeling confident and sexy
- Smelling clothes after they come out of the dryer .. clearly I have an obsession with smells!
- Being the person of choice that my loved ones come to during their times of need
- When my loved ones are there for me during my times of need
- Ratchet activities – at a minimum. lol
- Getting PAID
- When I let go of and overcome my sadness, anger and/or fear/s
- Omg, when people play in my hair. Not just anyone lol but yea
- Reconnecting with old friends
- A positive support system
- Seeing people live in their truth and well as living in my truth
- Seeing beautiful successful people
- Feeling free
If you aren’t feeling like yourself or just aren’t feeling up to it at the moment .. I really suggest you make your own list. Honestly, I feel a little better. I know it’s going to take more than a list to pull me out of this ditch (woahhh, barss did yall see that?, lol) buuttttt, it’s just the beginning and it is a step in the right and positive direction ❤ .
I hope you all enjoyed this post and I hope you all make your own list of things that make you happy.
Keep up with me:
Start A Discussion – Leave a Reply/Share Your Thoughts