One of the most inspirational books that I’ve read thus far has been ‘The Alchemist’ by Paulo Coelho. I personally feel that it takes a unique kind of person to read AND understand what this book means. It’ll only resonate with you if you are on some type of spiritual journey. So it only made sense that this book landed on my lap right before my 23rd birthday. As I read this book, I remember feeling .. indescribable, awakened, free, positive … like I could conquer the world.
This book inspired me to be my best self and gave me proof that my spiritual journey was just beginning and would be filled with much enlightenment and understanding. However, it also inspired me to look up the artist of this classic piece of work -Paulo Coelho. I was so intrigued by the story itself, that it made me wonder about him and how he came about writing such a pivotal story.
So I took to google … because I’m a google nerd and I can’t help it, lol. And while I found some incredible facts about Mr. Coelho, the most interesting things that I found were some of his quotes. Quotes from The Alchemist and quotes from his other books (which I am definitely in the process of getting). I decided to share these quotes with you because reading them reignited the feeling of hopefulness and prosperity and light that I felt while reading The Alchemist. So I hope you all appreciate these quotes as much as I did.
- When we strive to be better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.
2. Life has a way of testing a person’s will, either by having nothing happen at all or by having everything happen at once.
3. The act of discovering who we are, will force us to accept that we can go further than we think.
4. The secret of life, though, is to fall seven times and to get up eight.
5. There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of
6. One day you will wake up and there won’t be any more time to do the things you’ve always wanted. Do it now.
7. Everything tells me that I am about to make a wrong decision, but making mistakes is just part of life. What does the world want of me? Does it want me to take no risks, to go back to where I came from because I didn’t have the courage to say “yes” to life?
8. Remember that wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure.
9. When I had nothing to lose, I had everything. When I stopped being who I am, I found myself.
10. Nothing in the world is ever completely wrong. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
11. When you find your path, you must not be afraid. You need to have sufficient courage to make mistakes. Disappointment, defeat, and despair are the tools God uses to show us the way.
12. Our true friends are those who are with us when the good things happen. They cheer us on and are pleased by our triumphs. False friends only appear at difficult times, with their sad, supportive faces, when, in fact, our suffering is serving to console them for their miserable lives.
13. Don’t give in to your fears. If you do, you won’t be able to talk to your heart.
14. This is what we call love. When you are loved, you can do anything in creation. When you are loved, there’s no need at all to understand what’s happening, because everything happens within you.
15. When each day is the same as the next, it’s because people fail to recognize the good things that happen in their lives every day that the sun rises.
16. There are moments when troubles enter our lives and we can do nothing to avoid them. But they are there for a reason. Only when we have overcome them will we understand why they were there.
17. Your eyes show the strength of your soul.
18. The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter.
19. Now that she had nothing to lose, she was free.
20. To realize one’s destiny is a persons only obligation.