- it’s needed
- it’s important
- it’s essential to growth
- it comes in different forms
- it is different for each of us -as long as it’s positive
- music makes me happy
- especially bob marley and lauryn hill
- journaling also makes me very happy
- and so does sipping wine
- self affirmations help increase your self esteem
- self care is how you begin to fall in love with yourself
- it is how you begin to build positive and uplifting relationships
- self care is knowing that you are worthy of more than just the bare minimum and expecting nothing less than the best
- self care is honesty to self
- it’s putting your happiness first and foremost
- but not forgetting about the people that you love
- its spending quality time with yourself and not feeling lonely
- self care is helping yourself
- self care is waking up every morning and deciding that you have a purpose
- self care = self love
Keep reading to be inspired by the writer who helped shape my spiritual journey.
One of the most inspirational books that I’ve read thus far has been ‘The Alchemist’ by Paulo Coelho. I personally feel that it takes a unique kind of person to read AND understand what this book means. It’ll only resonate with you if you are on some type of spiritual journey. So it only made sense that this book landed on my lap right before my 23rd birthday. As I read this book, I remember feeling .. indescribable, awakened, free, positive … like I could conquer the world.
This book inspired me to be my best self and gave me proof that my spiritual journey was just beginning and would be filled with much enlightenment and understanding. However, it also inspired me to look up the artist of this classic piece of work -Paulo Coelho. I was so intrigued by the story itself, that it made me wonder about him and how he came about writing such a pivotal story.
So I took to google … because I’m a google nerd and I can’t help it, lol. And while I found some incredible facts about Mr. Coelho, the most interesting things that I found were some of his quotes. Quotes from The Alchemist and quotes from his other books (which I am definitely in the process of getting). I decided to share these quotes with you because reading them reignited the feeling of hopefulness and prosperity and light that I felt while reading The Alchemist. So I hope you all appreciate these quotes as much as I did.
- When we strive to be better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.
2. Life has a way of testing a person’s will, either by having nothing happen at all or by having everything happen at once.
3. The act of discovering who we are, will force us to accept that we can go further than we think.
4. The secret of life, though, is to fall seven times and to get up eight.
5. There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of
6. One day you will wake up and there won’t be any more time to do the things you’ve always wanted. Do it now.
7. Everything tells me that I am about to make a wrong decision, but making mistakes is just part of life. What does the world want of me? Does it want me to take no risks, to go back to where I came from because I didn’t have the courage to say “yes” to life?
8. Remember that wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure.
9. When I had nothing to lose, I had everything. When I stopped being who I am, I found myself.
10. Nothing in the world is ever completely wrong. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
11. When you find your path, you must not be afraid. You need to have sufficient courage to make mistakes. Disappointment, defeat, and despair are the tools God uses to show us the way.
12. Our true friends are those who are with us when the good things happen. They cheer us on and are pleased by our triumphs. False friends only appear at difficult times, with their sad, supportive faces, when, in fact, our suffering is serving to console them for their miserable lives.
13. Don’t give in to your fears. If you do, you won’t be able to talk to your heart.
14. This is what we call love. When you are loved, you can do anything in creation. When you are loved, there’s no need at all to understand what’s happening, because everything happens within you.
15. When each day is the same as the next, it’s because people fail to recognize the good things that happen in their lives every day that the sun rises.
16. There are moments when troubles enter our lives and we can do nothing to avoid them. But they are there for a reason. Only when we have overcome them will we understand why they were there.
17. Your eyes show the strength of your soul.
18. The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter.
19. Now that she had nothing to lose, she was free.
20. To realize one’s destiny is a persons only obligation.
I’m frequently asked about some of my self love/self care methods. Today was the perfect day to indulge in just that. Taking advantage of Brooklyn’s snow day, I decided to cuddle up and tell you guys just how I catered to myself today.
Happy February beautiful souls! I’m a few (well, more than a few) days late for the start of the new month but that’s okay -better late than never, right?
Here in New York, we’re having a pretty intense snow day. Schools are cancelled, work (for some) is too and everyone is pretty much cuddled up, watching Netflix, eating ice cream and drinking wine.
If you’re like me and have approximately 0 baes then this day can/might be a drag for you. I allllllmost found myself feeling kind of down about that. Then (as always), I snapped out of it and decided to use this day as a day of self-care and self love. So I thought it would be pretty cool to give you guys a little insight on how my day has panned out thus far.
My day started pretty early (around 8:30 am). As per usual, I woke up and checked social media (a bad habit, that must be stopped in 2017). Then I did a quick 15 minute yoga session before heading to the supermarket (with my mommy) to gather some things for my day/night in.
On the way to the supermarket, I decided that I would do a little home cooking -since I haven’t reallllllyyyy chef’ed it up in a while. (Btw, I love Bitmojis)
After searching through a few recipes, I decided on a Vegan Alfredo Pasta and Salmon with a caramelized sauce. I threwwww down, okay!
Follow me on SNAPCHAT – YouScreamSky
After relaxing and enjoying my meal (and netflix) … I took a nap. Lol. Butttttt, when I woke up, I hopped in the shower, washed my hair .. got real sneaky clean. I lathered myself in some soft body butter (shameless plug coming up .. now – which is available at SKYBRITNEI) and I turned on some good music, lit some candles and meditated whilst repeating positive self affirmations.
Whenever I’m taking the time to just BE, my music choice is always Bob Marley, Lauryn Hill and India Arie (among a few other artists). As for the candles, I have really been into soy candles lately and I have been loving the scent of Lavender & Vanilla (mixed). These two combined, made it extremely easy for me to relax and enjoy the tranquility and stillness of my afternoon.
Winding down, I indulged in a bit of journaling via my #ANote2Self Meditation Journal by Alex Elle. I also read a few pages of my WordsOF Gratitude book. These are just some things that help me center myself and gain some peace of mind.
After centering my thoughts and emotions .. here comes a little bit of the ratchet. I heard via Twitter that VH1 was replaying old episodes of Flavor of Love! And I had to indulge for a little while -I couldn’t help it lol.
Sidenote| Can we discuss WHY Trey Songz is doing a dating show? Why? Why? & Why? Lol.
Anyways – then, I thought to myself ‘people are always inquiring about my self love methods’ and without me realizing today was all about self love and being okay with solitude soooo, I decided to write this for you guys. A nice drink sitting next to me and Bob playing in the background .. now is where I’ll sign off to enjoy the rest of my night.
Keep in mind that self love is more than just what I do. It is different for each person. The only thing that should be transitional in self love is that it IS INDEED self love and is built on positivity.
Be well guys and always practice self love -everyday!
Btw – as I was fixing up my site, I realized that I have over 2,000 followers. I don’t know when that happened but I am extremely grateful to all of you. I appreciate it more than you know! Besitosss mis amores!
and I bet on myself. For a while, I distanced myself from others, sat back and contemplated some things that I have really always thought of doing but couldn’t find the courage to do. For months and months, I retreated to this little shell writing down ideas on top of ideas that my mind was constantly swirling around.
Until it hit me. I HAVE TO DO THIS. I CAN’T KEEP HOLDING OUT ON MYSELF ANYMORE.
So, I started to purchase some things.
Started to make some things.
Started to have faith in myself and my creative process.
With that being said, I decided to start my own website on Etsy.
I decided to name my online store at Etsy: CielosHippieShop – sticking to the theme right, lol. I then decided that my actual collection should have a different name (you know something more unique and catchy). So my actual collection is called DeLaJipi Collection!
Man, I’m excited. If you haven’t seen the site you’re probably wondering what I’m selling. For now, I have jewelry but more is coming and it is coming VERY soon. My mind is working on overload and I am really trying to handle one idea at a time. I’ve already started working on canvases and I do have a pair of bleached jeans on the website as well.
Taking this leap has definitely opened my eyes to the possibilities and well to believing in myself – and trust me that is still a struggle but I’m working on it.
Stay In Touch With Me By:
- Following the DeLaJipi IG for updates on the site and my personal IG _LoveCielo to keep up with me
- Liking ElementsOfAHippie on Facebook for more updates as well
- Have a tumblr? Well so do I, follow me there too!
I’m going to post some pics down below – check them out and don’t forget to visit my website!