- it’s needed
- it’s important
- it’s essential to growth
- it comes in different forms
- it is different for each of us -as long as it’s positive
- music makes me happy
- especially bob marley and lauryn hill
- journaling also makes me very happy
- and so does sipping wine
- self affirmations help increase your self esteem
- self care is how you begin to fall in love with yourself
- it is how you begin to build positive and uplifting relationships
- self care is knowing that you are worthy of more than just the bare minimum and expecting nothing less than the best
- self care is honesty to self
- it’s putting your happiness first and foremost
- but not forgetting about the people that you love
- its spending quality time with yourself and not feeling lonely
- self care is helping yourself
- self care is waking up every morning and deciding that you have a purpose
- self care = self love
Keep reading to be inspired by the writer who helped shape my spiritual journey.
One of the most inspirational books that I’ve read thus far has been ‘The Alchemist’ by Paulo Coelho. I personally feel that it takes a unique kind of person to read AND understand what this book means. It’ll only resonate with you if you are on some type of spiritual journey. So it only made sense that this book landed on my lap right before my 23rd birthday. As I read this book, I remember feeling .. indescribable, awakened, free, positive … like I could conquer the world.
This book inspired me to be my best self and gave me proof that my spiritual journey was just beginning and would be filled with much enlightenment and understanding. However, it also inspired me to look up the artist of this classic piece of work -Paulo Coelho. I was so intrigued by the story itself, that it made me wonder about him and how he came about writing such a pivotal story.
So I took to google … because I’m a google nerd and I can’t help it, lol. And while I found some incredible facts about Mr. Coelho, the most interesting things that I found were some of his quotes. Quotes from The Alchemist and quotes from his other books (which I am definitely in the process of getting). I decided to share these quotes with you because reading them reignited the feeling of hopefulness and prosperity and light that I felt while reading The Alchemist. So I hope you all appreciate these quotes as much as I did.
- When we strive to be better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.
2. Life has a way of testing a person’s will, either by having nothing happen at all or by having everything happen at once.
3. The act of discovering who we are, will force us to accept that we can go further than we think.
4. The secret of life, though, is to fall seven times and to get up eight.
5. There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of
6. One day you will wake up and there won’t be any more time to do the things you’ve always wanted. Do it now.
7. Everything tells me that I am about to make a wrong decision, but making mistakes is just part of life. What does the world want of me? Does it want me to take no risks, to go back to where I came from because I didn’t have the courage to say “yes” to life?
8. Remember that wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure.
9. When I had nothing to lose, I had everything. When I stopped being who I am, I found myself.
10. Nothing in the world is ever completely wrong. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
11. When you find your path, you must not be afraid. You need to have sufficient courage to make mistakes. Disappointment, defeat, and despair are the tools God uses to show us the way.
12. Our true friends are those who are with us when the good things happen. They cheer us on and are pleased by our triumphs. False friends only appear at difficult times, with their sad, supportive faces, when, in fact, our suffering is serving to console them for their miserable lives.
13. Don’t give in to your fears. If you do, you won’t be able to talk to your heart.
14. This is what we call love. When you are loved, you can do anything in creation. When you are loved, there’s no need at all to understand what’s happening, because everything happens within you.
15. When each day is the same as the next, it’s because people fail to recognize the good things that happen in their lives every day that the sun rises.
16. There are moments when troubles enter our lives and we can do nothing to avoid them. But they are there for a reason. Only when we have overcome them will we understand why they were there.
17. Your eyes show the strength of your soul.
18. The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter.
19. Now that she had nothing to lose, she was free.
20. To realize one’s destiny is a persons only obligation.
Mental health is such an important part of getting your life together and that’s exactly what I’ve been doing -checking in with myself and my mental health.
I don’t know where to start but the past couple of weeks were about me taking the initial steps to re-finding myself and my sanity.
You see, people always think they know you. They see smiles and laughs and upbeat/inspirational social media posts and without inquiring what you’re going through or seeing how you’re doing, they make comments and assumptions that have no standing ground.
With that being said, I laughed, smiled and inspired my way through a huge part of 2016. I was blessed to be surrounded by love and happiness. My spiritual journey hit new and beautiful heights. I TRAVELED! But man the last few weeks of the year (internally – although I had many good days surrounded by loved ones), I was facing some personal battles. And those battles left me feeling like my mental health was in jeopardy. So much so, that I dropped everything and took a short trip to Jamaica with my god sister during the first week on 2017.
So as you can see I’ve been taking some time to get my mind right. Lots of yoga, lots of meditation, lots of time to myself. Reflection. Realignment. Revamp. Redo. Reposition. Lol, the works!
Although I’m all for taking time out to regroup, reconnect with oneself etc .. I’m also ready to get back to the things I love. I’m ready to get back to branding myself, writing, blogging and being a free spirit. A fresh new start .. doing the things I love. I’m ready to reclaim my positive nature. I’m ready to unburden myself of these battles and get my mental health on good standing ground.
So, while my posting may not be as frequent as it was in the past .. I do ask my lovely followers to bare with me on my journey as I realign myself and slowly but surely fall back into place.
To end of this coming of age blog post (lol) I want to invite my readers to check out my brand new website.
SkyBritnei.com is something that I have been working on during my hiatus. It’s something I’ve been thinking about for a VERY long time, but didn’t know how to bring it to life. It’s something that has definitely put a bit of sunshine in my heart.
I hope you like it.